Remember in the last post I said that I would do something with those rusty gears? Well that did happen, and this piece started out with the idea of being a plain ol' magnet (where the skellie is) for the fridge. I kid you not! But my muse came in and totally took over, again! Which is why it’s right at the deadline. Just kept my mind open to her prompts and building upon what was there. Geez, she's so pushy sometimes.
click image to enlarge
Then I got a bee in my bonnet. It had to have an ornate frame. There was no way this was gonna rest till one was found. Searched through hell and high water for the right frame. Michael’s (two locations), Joann, Aaron Brothers, even a garage sale! Grrrr, could not find the right one...until I went to Urban Ore.
Hawt damn! Found it! Recycled, you betcha. It wasn’t as ornate as I wanted it to be, but it was wood (yush!). Washed it up, painted and distressed it, and there you have it. I rusted the ball chain and other elements then added some magic to it. This is a perfect piece for DOTD or Halloween. Guess the magnet will have to come at another time? Hah!
Thanx so much for stoppin’ by!




9 comments:
First of all, I hope everyone takes the time to enlarge your artpiece because it looks superb in full size! Thanks so much for sharing the journey with us. The result is absolutely scrumptious.
One sentence in your "blurb" has put an old song in my head. You may not be old enough to remember "Macarthur Park" but I find myself singing:
"Someone left my bike out in the rain'
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to make it
And I'll never have the instruction sheet again
Oh No-o-o-o-o
Forgive me for re-writing a perfectly good if strange song!! Someone please come and take it out of my head!
Oz is right, it bears enlarging. Especially for olllld eyes.
Nice piece Deb.
lm
This is just smashing! Love it!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice note...and yes, it is an ATC!
Gaby xo
Oh yes, it must be enlarged to be seen in all its glory. I love this Deb and I so loved reading the journey you took at your muse's demand to make it just right. Gorgeous my friend, please keep them coming. Love your blog by the way and will be back for more in the near future.
Well, I hit enlarge... and THEN I hit zoom to fully appreciate this piece. It's special. I'm still reeling from admiration from your paper mache steampunk house and hat. You are one talented lady. I love your work! Thanks for joining our challenge.
Totally fab. Annette x
What a wonderful talent you have, Deb, very inspiring, your piece is superb!
Ooooh, I love this!
This is wonderful I haven't played with the 3 Muses for a while I must check out the next challenge
Love Dawn xx
Post a Comment