Monday, February 23, 2009

February ATC workshop

Yesterday was such a relaxing day. It rained most of the day which made it most enjoyable to be inside. Helene and Jannie (good vibes, good people), were two brave souls who weathered the raindrops to come out and play with me for the afternoon. The table was set for five of us, but two were unable to attend. So the girls spread out! Cups of tea were made, homemade Polenta, fresh veggies, fruits, cupcakes and some delectable chocolate (the chocolate stayed in the room with us) kept our bellies company. We shared stories and creative ideas and created for an afternoon. It was an awesome workshop! Thank you Jannie and Helene for coming out to play with me.


Helene (left) and Jannie (right) looking for inspiration.


Getting started


Jannie's Muse has arrived.


Helene's Muse came a callin' about the same time too.


...but I think her Muse had something else in mind.


My Muse came out to play too.
(The face behind those hands)

Not something that usually happens when I teach a class.


Jannie, the poet and artist.


Helene's hands
She thinks she's not an artist. But we know different, huh Jannie?
This is such a powerful image for me. There is a peaceful, tender soul behind these hands.



Our Mini Card Gallery
Wonderful job ladies!

Helene's card


Jannie's card, closed

open


Jannie's card


Jannie's card


Jannie's card, closed

open


my card
His Desire

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! And nice to have a face to go with the name!

carol l mck said...

Hey Deb ~ Wow! all the ATC's are soooooooooo creative ~ wished I lived near you so I could come play!

thanks for your wonderful comments about my art ~ I love to create!

Hugs and namaste,
Carol (artmusedogs)

Pretty Things said...

That looks like SO much fun, and the art you showed is wonderful! (And what a great bright yellow work table to inspire you!)